Live Captioning graduations and large events with CaptionSync is easy. Our CART service is available for large events, like graduations, musicals, theater, poetry readings, awards ceremonies, etc. In this article, we explain how to place your CART request for these events.
Schedule the Live Captioning request:
Go to Live -> New Live Captioning Request, in your account. Fill out the form fields in the New Live Captioning Request page, while noting the following requirements:
- Event Time and Expected Duration: this type of CART requires an extra 30 minutes of setup time; please ensure you add this time to the start time and duration. For example, if your event starts at 10 am, and lasts 2 hours, you need a start time of 9:30 am and a duration of 150 minutes. Please tell us in the Comments section that you have already included the setup time in the start time and duration of the request.
- Service: Select Graduation Captioning.
- Audio Source: this is the link the captioner should use to listen to the audio content of your event.
- Comments: provide us with links to lists of names, scripts, lyrics, or videos (see notes below for more information). You can place your materials online, like on Dropbox or Google Drive, and then paste those links in the Comments section, so that our captioner can access them.
Finally, click Schedule Live Captioning. You will then be contacted about the request, and all details will be arranged. For complete information about scheduling a Live Captioning request, check out our How to Request Live Captioning tutorial.
- Graduate names in commencement ceremonies are traditionally not captioned, unless a list with the names, in the exact order they will be called, is made available to us in the Comments section of the request page, or at least 48 hours in advance. In this case, additional preparation time will be scheduled and billed (typically, anywhere between 1 and 4 hours).
- If your event has significant scripted content, songs, or you want us to caption pre-recorded video content, that material needs to be made available in the Comments section of the request page, or at least 48 hours in advance. In this case, additional preparation time will be scheduled and billed (typically, anywhere between 1 and 4 hours).
- A text transcript is made available with all your Live Captioning events, and it is usually generated within 24 to 48 hours (business days), after the end of the event.
- You can order a caption output for your event, for an extra fee, by selecting either SRT or VTT from the Request drop-down menu. The caption file is usually generated within 24 to 48 hours (business days), after the end of the event.
- If you have special delivery requirements, like needing a separate text feed (e.g., StreamText); or, requiring multiple simultaneous outputs (e.g., Zoom and StreamText), please add that information to the Comments section, at request time. E.g.:
Please provide the captions over StreamText only.
Please provide the captions over Zoom and StreamText also.
Please provide the captions over YouTube and StreamText also.
Please provide the captions over iCap and StreamText also. Password for the Falcon encoder: passw.
- A minimum of 5-hours notice is required to schedule a Live session. Bookings will not be accepted on less than 5-hours notice. NOTE: we do not guarantee that we can find writers available for a request placed with just 5 hours in advance. Please ensure you schedule your request with as much time in advance as possible.
- Changes to existing request can only be made up to 24 hours prior to the event. Also, note that there is a 24-hour cancellation policy to avoid charges for scheduled time.
- Although we usually provide the writer's direct contact information, before the event, any emails to writers should be cc'd to email@example.com. We would also recommend contacting them only about direct technical information.