Live Captioning in-person environments with CaptionSync is easy. In this article, we explain how to place your CART request for these classes, and ensure you have the setup required, so that you can get the best possible results from CaptionSync.
Schedule the Live Captioning request:
Go to Live -> New Live Captioning Request, in your account. Fill out the form fields in the New Live Captioning Request page, while noting the following requirements:
- Service: Select Remote CART.
- Audio Source: this is the link or audio source information the captioner should use to listen to the audio content of the class (see notes below for more information).
- Prep materials: provide us with links to slides, glossary of terms, notes, syllabus, etc, in the Comments section in order to help the captioner prepare for the class and increase the accuracy of captions.
Finally, click Schedule Live Captioning. You will then be contacted about the request, and all details will be arranged. For complete information about scheduling a Live Captioning request, check out our How to Request Live Captioning tutorial.
- All the speakers need to wear lapel or headset mics, including the audience, if they're speaking. If the audience speaks, and there isn't a room mic available, then the mic'ed speakers need to repeat what the audience says.
- The audio needs to be broadcast to us via Skype, Zoom, etc.
- We'll typically deliver the captions via text feed (e.g.: StreamText or Verbitext), and then they can be displayed either on a large screen in the room, or, the students can watch the captions on a web browser, on any device (computer or mobile device). Please make sure to add that request to the Comments section.
E.g.: Please provide a StreamText link.
- If you need the live captions to be delivered to additional outputs, e.g., Zoom and StreamText, then you'll need to specifically make that request in the Comments section, at schedule time.
E.g.: Please provide live captions on both Zoom and StreamText.