Closed Captioning with CaptionSync allows you to upload batches of files using our AST-Link app. This article shows how to configure settings and add new user profiles on AST-Link 2.x for Windows.
Configuring your Profile:
You can configure your profile by clicking the Settings icon:
You can set default values for your settings, which will be presented every time you open the app (see Known Issues below for more information):
Under the Advanced tab, you can configure your SSH settings, the folder where results are saved, and test the connection:
If the standard port for AST-Link (port 22) is blocked by your IT configuration, you can opt to use port 443 instead (a standard port that most configurations leave available).
Configuring AST-Link 2.x for Windows for a different Username:
You can add new profiles for other AST users by clicking the Settings icon, and then Add New Profile:
Then you need to configure the app for the new user. Open the section below to see how.
Configure AST-Link 2.x for Windows for a new user...
1. Log into the CaptionSync account of the second user, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for AST-Link from the Account Feature to Add drop-down menu, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you can't see AST-Link on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, then it's already enabled.
2. Once you're notified that the feature is enabled, configure the new AST-Link user profile. Give it a name, and enter the AST username of the second user. Make sure it is lowercase.
3. Choose New SSH key pair, and then Copy to Clipboard. Go back to the CaptionSync account of the second user, and go to Settings -> SSH Keys. Click Add Another Key to enroll your new key, and paste the key from your clipboard into the New Public Key window; add a name to Note for Key that will allow you to later identify the key. Click Add Key. It will first show a status of Pending; some 5 minutes later it will show Ready.
4. Once the key shows Ready, you can test the connection. So go back to the AST-Link window, and click Test Connection. If you see a Successfully Connected status, then you can start making requests for the second user.
You can add as many new profiles as necessary.
Using AST-Link 2.x for Windows with a different Username:
Choose a different AST user by selecting the respective profile next to Choose Profile:
Deleting a Profile:
You can delete the profile associated with an individual AST user at any time, by clicking the Settings icon, then choosing the relevant profile next to Choose Profile, and finally clicking Delete Profile:
- In the Profile section of the App, the fields for Submission Type, Transcription type, Transcription Turnaround, and Language appear to be editable, but changes to these fields are ignored; the app takes these values from the default settings in your CaptionSync account.
- The Show public key functionality does not currently work.
- The AST-Link 2.x for Windows is a brand new version of AST-Link. Please open a ticket to let us know about any issues you find while using it.