CaptionSync allows you to cancel or re-schedule a Live Captioning request. This article shows how.
If you need to cancel a Live Captioning request, time is of the essence. So, if you know you're not going to be in class or have an exam, please cancel the request as soon as possible so that your institution is not billed.
Cancelling from the Live Captioning Details page:
- Go to Live -> Status of Live Requests, and click the AST ID of the session you wish to cancel.
- On the Live Captioning Details page, click Cancel and confirm on the next screen:
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy to avoid charges for scheduled time. The 24 hours are over business days; holidays and weekends are not considered business days. So, if your Live Captioning request is scheduled to happen within the next 24 hours, you will see a warning message in both the Live Captioning Details page and the confirmation screen. Note that you can still cancel the session, but you will be billed for the entire estimated duration of the event.
Updating a Live Captioning event:
You can make changes to your existing Live Captioning requests, up to 24 business hours before the start time, including Audio Source, Event Date/Time, duration, or the contact information, from within the respective Details page, in your CaptionSync account.
Any additional information and instructions for the captioner should be added in the Captioner Message Thread instead.
For other questions related to Live Captioning requests (like history, billing or UI problems), open a Support ticket.
NOTE: URLs cannot be copied directly from Excel sheets, since this program adds extraneous characters to the links.
- A minimum of 5-hours notice is required to schedule or re-schedule a Live session. Bookings or changes will not be accepted on less than 5-hours notice.
- If you cancel/change a session on the weekend, then the cancellation is considered as received at 8 am CT, Monday morning.
- If you request changes to the time/date of a session with less than 24-hours notice, and the original captioner is not able to accommodate the new schedule, then the original slot will be cancelled (and subject to the cancellation charge) and a new session will be booked.
- Overages: when you book a live session, we reserve a captioner for the entire duration of your reservation. You will be billed for the entire reserved time, even if your event ends early. Please ensure you use your best estimate of the time required when booking your session. If your session goes past the scheduled duration, you will be billed for the extended time at our regular rates and our captioner will stay for as long as possible, but because the captioner may be booked for other events, they may have to leave before your event ends. To prevent having the end of your event uncovered, ensure you reserve the full amount of time needed.