Transcribing your media files with CaptionSync is easy. This article shows how to change the type of submissions already in progress.
Changing the Submission Type:
- If you mistakenly requested Captioning or a Production Transcript, but only really need a transcript, you can change the submission type up until results are generated. You just need to open the Submission Details page of your request, and then click Click here to Change to Transcription Only:
- Finally, confirm this request and proceed:
- This option is only available to submissions in the state of Awaiting Transcription, Transcription in Progress, or Await Review.
- You'll only see this option if your account is enabled for Transcription-Only. To have your account enabled for Transcription Only, go to Settings -> Account Features. Select Add Transcription Only to my account, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you can't see Transcription Only on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, then it's already enabled.
- This option is not available for integrations.
- This option is not available if C (Captioning) is marked billed:
- For Postpaid accounts, Captioning will be marked billed 4 days after the last submission update (typically transcription completed).
- For Prepaid accounts, Captioning will be marked billed 150 days after the last submission update (typically transcription completed).
- For large system-wide prepurchases with campus usage reports, Captioning will be marked billed 7 days after the last submission update (typically transcription completed).
- Note that once Captioning is billed, so will the other services requested, like Transcription, Result Review, etc.
- If the submission is in Await Review status when it's changed to Transcription-Only, the transcript will still need to be reviewed and/or accepted.
Please sign in to leave a comment.