Closed Captioning with CaptionSync allows you to upload batches of files using our AST-Link droplet for Mac. This article details some troubleshooting tips for problems with the droplet.
If you're having problems running the AST-Link droplets (perhaps after upgrading to Mavericks or later), depending on your settings, OS X may consider this an untrusted app which has been downloaded. You could be seeing the following message:
OS X unfortunately (incorrectly) displays the following:
(A) The easiest and best resolution is to:
- Delete the existing Drop to CaptionSync (or DroptoAST if this an old install) droplets.
- Download the latest version from the help page on CaptionSync.
- Do a quick re-install.
(B) If you saw the first message (not the damaged message), you can override gatekeeper on a case-by-case basis.
1. Control-Click the app and choose Open. You will then see:
2. Now you can choose Open. If you're not an administrator, you will then be prompted with:
3. Once authorized, you should be able to run the app thereafter, without any problems. The app's dialog message will then be presented, and you can choose Quit:
4. You will need to do this with both droplets.
(C) If you prefer the command line, or saw the damaged message which means you cannot use the aforementioned method (B), you can override gatekeeper on a case-by-case basis at the command line (Terminal):
Upgrading to Sierra:With the release of macOS Sierra, Apple has updated its cipher requirements and moved away from DSA (SSH-DSS) keys to RSA keys. If you have AST-Link already installed and have upgraded to macOS Sierra, you will need to re-install the AST-Link for Mac droplet to ensure an RSA key is created. First, download the latest version of the droplet from the help page, in your account. Then run the install.sh script, choosing the Overwrite options, and make sure you copy the Drop to CaptionSync (non-rush).app and Drop to CaptionSync (RUSH).app over your existing ones.
Once the keys are created, you'll need to add them to your CaptionSync account, like described in our tutorial.