Ensemble Video has an integration with CaptionSync that makes captions automatically available to Ensemble videos. But if you want to add captions to your Ensemble presentations without using our integration, you just need to request an .ensemble.xml caption file from your CaptionSync account, and then follow the instructions in this tutorial.
Submitting your Media for Captioning:
- Ensemble supports the .ensemble.xml format. So, in your CaptionSync account, go to Caption/Transcribe -> New Captioning Submission -> Advanced Settings. Under the Output Types tab, ensure the .ensemble.xml format is selected.
- Make your Captioning request, using your media file.
- Once results are available, download the .ensemble.xml file from the Results Email or the Submission Details Page.
Import the Captions into Ensemble:
- In your Ensemble system, open the Media Library, and click Edit or Manage -> Caption -> Upload Caption File, for the entry you want to caption.
- Click Add file, browse for the .ensemble.xml file, and then click Start Upload:
- The caption file will then be listed under the Caption tab:
Once captions are associated with an entry, videos in your media library will show a CC icon on the thumbnail and the Ensemble players will automatically show the CC icon, allowing viewers to toggle captions on and off: