Using the Kaltura integration with more than one CaptionSync user allows you to separate billing departments, languages, or transcription turnaround times. The integration configuration requires an extra category (e.g., Spanish or Rush). Using the extra category plus the CaptionSync>Requested category sends videos to CaptionSync user2, while using just the CaptionSync>Requested category sends videos to CaptionSync user1. This however requires modifications via the Kaltura API by CaptionSync Support.
Once you have enabled the integration for the first account, complete the following steps:
- If you don't already have a user2, then create a new CaptionSync user via Settings -> Manage Users.
- Log into CaptionSync with user2, and go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for Kaltura integration from the drop-down, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status.
- Create a top level category in Kaltura to filter, via Content -> Categories, and then click Add Category. On New Category, choose No Parent and click Next. Enter the name (e.g. Spanish or Rush) and click Save and Close. The ID for the new category will be listed in the first column, on the left; and the Name in the second column: RECORD THIS CATEGORY NAME AND ID.
- At this point, open a Support ticket and send us:
- CaptionSync user1
- CaptionSync user2
- Kaltura Category Name (e.g., Spanish or Rush) and ID (e.g., 53652713) to filter upon
- When instructed by CaptionSync Support, you can test if both feeds are working, by adding the Requested category to a video, and both the Requested and the new category to another video. The first request should appear only for user1, while the latter should only appear for user2.
- For user1, add just Requested:
- For user2, add Requested and the new category: