Adding Closed Captions to your videos in Office Mix is easy with CaptionSync. In this tutorial we show how to add closed captions to videos in your PowerPoint presentations using Office Mix.
Office Mix is a free PowerPoint Add-In that allows you to turn PowerPoint projects into interactive online presentations.
Installing Office Mix:
Office Mix can be added as an extension to either Office 365 or PowerPoint 2013 or later. You can download and install Office Mix from their website.
Submitting your Media for Captioning:
1. In your CaptionSync account, go to Caption/Transcribe -> Advanced Settings. Under the Output Types tab, select the Timed Text TTML Captions (.ttml) output.
Click on the Caption Appearance tab. Office Mix ignores line breaks in the captions, so select just one line of captioning, next to Lines per Caption. Choose a line length suitable for the width of your video. Typically you will want something somewhere between 64 and 80 characters.
2. Make your Captioning request, using your Mix media file.
3. Once results are available, download the .ttml file from the Results Email or the Submission Details Page.
Importing the Captions into your Mix:
1. To enable closed captions, select the option Enable playback on mobile devices when uploading your mix. If you have already published your mix, republish it with this checkbox enabled.
2. Now go to your Office Mix Details page and open the Closed Captioning section. Choose Upload TTML File and browse for the .ttml file. You can preview your mix to ensure captions are displayed as expected. Once you are happy with your mix, set the appropriate permissions if you want to make it accessible to your audience.
3. To watch captions begin displayed, click the CC icon when viewing the mix:
More information is provided in Mix's tutorial on adding closed captions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.