The Smart Player Pro includes all the features of the CaptionSync Smart Player, along with several enhancements that allow you to customize branding and constrain the sharing features. Following is a description of these features and how to configure them.
These are settings that a CaptionSync user only needs to set up once, and then they are applied to all instances of the Smart Player Pro that are created or edited going forward.
1) Four different high-contrast WCAG 2 Level AA-compliant color schemes are available for the player controls: blue (default), gray, red and green.
2) The Clip & Share button can be hidden from end users.
3) The dictionary and encyclopedia lookup features can be hidden from end users.
4) You can provide a URL to your own favicon, which replaces the CaptionSync favicon in browser tabs.
5) The Help page can be customized, so that you can include information about your own company or project.
All global settings are set on the Smart Player Settings page in your CaptionSync account, as shown below:
These are settings specific to each individual video, and can be set from your CaptionSync account from submission details pages.
1) You can either upload, or provide URL to your own custom poster/thumbnail image, in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
2) You can add a more detailed Description (in addition to the Title) and Credits (such as copyright details).
Once a Smart Player has been generated, click Edit on the submission details page to update the data, as shown below:
URL Parameter Settings
These settings can be changed at any time by simply adding or changing parameters in the Smart Player URLs or Embed Codes that you use on your website or in your learning management system.
Caption and Description Defaults
You can choose whether the Smart Player shows captions and descriptions by default when the player is first loaded. You can set the default for closed captions with &showcc=t (to turn them on by default) or &showcc=f (to turn them off by default). You can set the default for audio description with &showad=t (to turn them on by default) or &showad=f (to turn them off by default).
Note that if you do not include the &showcc or &showad parameters in your URLs, closed captions will be on by default and audio description will be off by default.
As an example, the following URL would load the video with closed captions off by default and audio description on by default (reversing the default behavior for URLs with no parameters):
Transcript Pane and Caption Position
You can choose placement for the captions and the interactive transcript by clicking the settings icon. You can hide the interactive transcript pane, or change its position (Right or Below the video); and you can change the position of the captions (Overlay or Below the video).
You can also hide the transcript pane by adding &show_transcript=f to the end of the URL, e.g.:
Finally, you can change the default position of the transcript pane to be below the video by adding &transcript_below=t to the end of the URL, e.g.:
You can hide the logo banner, at the top of the page, by adding &embed=t to the end of the URL, e.g.:
Appearance of the Embedded Smart Player
All of the URL parameters described above can be applied to the URL included in an embed code. In addition, you can change the dimensions of the iframe to fit the space available on your web page by changing the width and the height in the embed code:
<iframe style="width:778px;height:463px;border:0px;" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" webkitallowfullscreen="webkitallowfullscreen" mozallowfullscreen="mozallowfullscreen" src="https://smartplayer.captionsync.com/play.php?vid=1433271470amorgan_d0fc5f35f5bd&hidetitle&embed=true"></iframe>
- If you are interested in our Smart Player Pro feature, please contact us for more information.