Adding secure real-time/live captions to your meetings, social media videos or streams is easy with CaptionSync. In this article, we describe how to protect access to the live captions feed with 1CapApp.
1CapApp is a text platform that delivers real-time/live captions, and can be accessed by users either as a single web page or embedded into live streams. When using a single web page, you can also choose to add a number of methods to secure your event.
Secure Delivery Methods
The options below are available for any 1CapApp event, and you just need to let us know the desired security options in the Comments section of the New Live Captioning request, at schedule time:
- Set Event Password: To password protect an event you just need to add this request at schedule time and we'll then provide you with a character combination, along with the 1CapApp link, that will need to be entered in order to watch the live captions feed.
- Require authentic login or Google ID login: When requesting this option, participants will be asked to enter a registered email address and password. That means that you'll also need to provide us with a list of the email addresses that will need access to the live captions, in advance. NOTE: This option is only available for Google accounts.
- HTTPS (secure delivery): HTTPS is the standard protocol used for all 1CapApp events, which means that participants won't be able to view the live captions if using the HTTP directive.
- Disable standard web player: If you are streaming to Zoom, YouTube, Adobe Connect or Blackboard Collaborate, and you do not want participants to access the live captions feed via web browser, then you can have us disable the standard web player. Once disabled, the event will only stream to the platform being used.
- Transcript files: Typically, we will generate a live transcript file after the event has been concluded, and it will be saved both by 1CapApp, for 3 weeks, and in our servers for 5 years. If you wish to have us not generate or save any transcript files for you event, you can add these instructions in the Comments field, at request time.
- For more information on how to place Live Captioning requests for your events, check out our article on How to request Live Captioning.
Please sign in to leave a comment.