Using the Panopto integration with more than one CaptionSync user allows you to separate billing departments, languages, or transcription turnaround times.
Once you have enabled and configured the integration for the first account, complete the following steps:
- If you don't already have a second CaptionSync account, then create a new CaptionSync user via Settings -> Manage Users.
- Log into CaptionSync with the second user, go to Settings -> Account Features, select Enable my account for Panopto Integration from the drop-down menu, and click Request Account Feature. You will receive an email updating you about the feature status. Note that if you don't see Panopto on the "Account Feature to Add" drop-down menu, it's already enabled.
- Once you are notified that the feature is enabled, log back into CaptionSync, go to Settings -> Panopto, and copy the Shared Secret.
- Log into your Panopto system as an administrator, go to System, and open the Caption Services tab. In there, you should see the existing integration listed. So click New, to create the new integration:
- On the Create Caption Service dialog box, select AST CaptionSync next to Provider and SLA.
- Next to Service Name, enter a name that will distinguish this integration from the existing one.
- Under Account Information, enter you CaptionSync user ID (this is the same username you use to log into your CaptionSync account) next to User. Paste the Shared Secret into the Password field.
- Select the options applicable to your case under Service Options. Finally, click Submit Query.
You should then see the second integration listed under the Caption Services tab. To start using the new integration, follow the steps detailed in our tutorial: making requests for entire folders; or for individual presentations. When selecting the service, ensure you choose the new integration from the drop-down menu.
To see details of a request, cancel it or to submit a redo, log into CaptionSync and go to Captioning -> Status of Submissions. You may also use the Panopto ID to track the status of your submissions by pasting the ID at the end of the https://web.automaticsync.com/show_details.php?p_id= URL; then copy and paste the URL in your browser.